The Training Awards on Health Research for Region VI Scholars offered by the Western Visayas Health Research and Development Consortium is indeed an all-in-one package for the training scholars. After a series of free mentoring and trainings on Basic Research, Statistical Analysis and Technical Writing, five out of eleven scholars were granted with research funding from the Department of Science and Technology Region VI and Center for Health Development-Western Visayas.
- DOST VI funded research projects:
- “Anti-fungal and Anthelminthic Activity of Banban (Donax cannaeformis) (Forst. f.) K. Schu” by Christine A. Villanueva, RMT, MSMT (University of San Agustin) Funding:Php200,000.00
- “Development of Reagent Strip for Semi-quantitative Urine Albumin, Protein and Creatinine Determination (Phase 1)” by Zesil Gay E. Gelle (University of San Agustin) Funding:Php200,000.00
- DOH CHD-WV funded research projects:
- “Preliminary Findings on the Effect of 4Ps on Selected Child Health Indicators in Western Visayas” by Dr. Renilyn P. Reyes (Center for Health Development-Western Visayas) Funding:Php200,000.00
- “Effectiveness of Ascorbic Acid as an Adjunct to Allopurinol In the Treatment of Hyperuricemia Among Hypertensive Patients” by Karen Marie V. Cuñada, MD (West Visayas State University-Medical Center) Funding:Php100,000.00
- “The Effectiveness of Dark Chocolate (Theobroma cacao) in Dyslipidemia, Endothelial Disfunction and Blood Pressure: A Double-blind Placebo-controlled Randomized Clinical Trial” by Renato C. Ong, Jr., MD (West Visayas State University-Medical Center) Funding:Php200,000.00